- Duration of study (years): 3 years
- Title of studies: Doctoral Degree in Law
- Level of Title: Doctoral Degree (3rd Cycle of Studies)
- Language of instruction: Greek
- Method of Entry: Full / Part
- Minimum Credits (ECTS): 90
- Minimum European Credit Units (ECTS): 180
The University of Nicosia offers Doctoral Programme at the Law leading to a PhD. The program is designed to offer top-level scientific knowledge and to prepare students for careers in the field of higher learning, scientific research and in scientific field of law, but in parallel to provide increased supplies in the subject of law. The aim of the doctoral program is the physique of scientists who will conduct cutting-edge research, propose innovative and practicable solutions, winning leading positions in the field of legal science.
The program directs students to use the most modern methods of multidisciplinary research into the production and application of knowledge in theoretical and practical level. It is designed to provide students the opportunity to pursue doctoral studies in areas that will enrich their knowledge of the legal science. The program is designed in such a way as to enable students of their dissertation in areas of particular interest, having as their background their knowledge and / or experience in legal science.
Graduates of the doctoral program in law will be ready to:
- take up academic positions in universities or research organizations,
- take leadership positions in the practice of legal science,
- conduct research in these areas and become experts in the field of law.
Upon completion of the Doctoral program in Law, the holders of a PhD degree will:
- acquire knowledge of the most recent theories and methods related to legal science,
- build specialized skills in the study of complex theoretical and practical problems and be able to produce workable solutions to these problems,
- specialize in searching, understanding and addressing the problematic areas of legal science as well as in applying innovative methods to deal with them,
- monitor the evolution of the cognitive field and practices that are being pursued globally and will be able to recommend and apply the best methods and practices.
About the School
UNIC is the largest university in Cyprus, with over 12,000+ students, from over 70 countries across the globe, coming together in an innovative and transformative learning space.