The LL.M. in international & European business & competition law offers a specialization in business law, in particular, competition law, contract law, company, and insolvency law. This program provides a significant percentage of lessons in English (about 50%) by teachers and practitioners with a solid international business experience.
- Master 1 is 75% taught in English.
- Master 2 is 90% taught in English.
- Participation in International moot courts: Master 1 students take part to the Vis moot in commercial arbitrage, Viena, Austria; Master 2 students take part to the competition law moot court, King’s College, London.
- Interactive seminars with high intellectual exchange between the professor and the students; study based on a practical approach, where students are helped to apply legal theory to a concrete hypothesis.
- Within the Master 2 program, some seminars take place in-house, which means, they are held in relevant institutions or law firms. By example, students benefit from study visits at the French and Belgium competition authorities, EU Commission, OCDE and law firms based in Brussels and Paris.
Job & careers/Study opportunities
- Master 1: a business lawyer with a solid background in international and European general business law (company and insolvency law, contract law, competition law,
intellectual property law, commercial arbitrage).
- Master 2: business lawyer, specialized in competition law.
- Master 1 and Master 2 students may take the bar exam in France or upon equivalence of their studies in other EU member states.
- Master 1 students may be part of an international exchange program such as the Erasmus program and study abroad during one or two semesters of the Master 1.
- Master 1 students may integrate French and European universities in Master 2 if they wish so.
- Master 2 students may be part of a double degree exchange program with the Delaware Law School, Widener University USA (the second semester of the Master 2 shall
take place in the US, a double degree diploma shall be delivered comprising the Master 2 diploma and the LL.M diploma.
- Student shaving completed the exchange program with the Delaware law school may present the New York Bar exam.
For your professional project
- A possibility of an internship abroad (company, institution, law firm or summer university) or in France in an international company or law firm.
- Meetings with law practitioners especially during the annual IELS International Job Dating & Careers.
- Individual help for your professional project and your studies.
- Visiting professors providing an interesting network for jobs and internships.
Program taught in:
See 5 more programs offered by Lille Catholic University - Faculty of Law »
Last updated February 4, 2019
This course is
Between €2,700 and €8,430 yearly depending on incomes. Application fees : €85