Over 50,000 students from 100+ nationalities have chosen Mandarin House as their Chinese language school and our expertise and reputation in helping students achieve their Chinese goals are second-to-none.
We are proud to have won international awards, reached the strictest quality accreditation standards and to have employed only the best teachers and staff who are all dedicated to one thing: empowering you to master Chinese as fast and efficient as possible.
2017 is another new start! Our mission remains the same; we want to ensure you learn Mandarin on your terms, quickly and efficiently.
Mandarin House was one of the first, private Mandarin schools established in China. Our mission was to provide Mandarin students with a school that offered flexible courses and study options that would have you mastering Mandarin in the shortest, most effective way.
After 10 years of teaching Chinese, Mandarin House has helped over 20,000 students from all over the world achieve their language learning goals. We have changed student’s futures by helping them become proficient in Mandarin and opening up a vast world of business and social opportunities.
2014 is our tenth year of Mandarin teaching. Our mission remains the same; we want to ensure you learn Mandarin on your terms, quickly and efficiently. Click on the links below to find out more about why Mandarin House’s 10 years of teaching experience, make us the right school for you.
Mandarin House Accreditations
Since 2004, Mandarin House has been bringing international quality standards in all aspects of operation and service delivery to China. There should be no excuse for accepting standards other than the best.
Backing up this belief we are proud to be quality accredited by the International Association of Language Centres (IALC). Founded in 1983, IALC is a network of high-quality, independent language schools teaching their native language to international students. There are a stringent acceptance process and ongoing monitoring procedure that covers all aspects of our operations, venue management, curriculum and the quality of our teachers/staff amongst other things.
- Mandarin House is proudly China's only IALC member school
- Mandarin House is government recognised to provide Bildungsurlaub to German students
- Mandarin House is recognised to provide CSN to Swedish students by the Swedish Ministry of Education and Research
- Mandarin House is registered with Hanban as an official HSK, BCT and YCT testing centre.
Mandarin House was the first private Chinese school in China to:
- Develop its own structured, holistic curriculum based on the fundamental principle of providing real-life Chinese communication training.
- Offer junior courses including China’s first summer camps and self-developed junior curriculum also focused on real-life Chinese.
- Introduce the widely accepted operation model for group class programs seen in private schools across China today.
- Be internationally quality accredited by IALC
- Be shortlisted and also the first to win STM’s World Language Provider of the Year.
- Host a major international language abroad conference.
Sometimes it can be hard to take something at face value in China and difficult to tell whether a school is speaking the truth or simply just speaking empty words. Talk is cheap and by making the claim to be China's premier Chinese language school we feel obliged to share some of the recognition and awards we have received from within China and internationally.
One of our proudest achievements has been the recognition we have received from voting language study abroad agencies and organisations for the ‘World Language Provider Star Award' as awarded by Study Travel Magazine. In 2008 we were nominated as the first and to-date only Chinese language school and have since been nominated a further 7 times culminating in being awarded the top prize for the category in 2009 and 2013.
As our Managing Director, Ms. Jasmine Bian stated at the time, "We are very proud to have won the Star Award... (and) we are going to continue to work hard and provide professional service to our students from all over the world. Mandarin House welcomes you to China.
Other recognitions include being recommended by the Lonely Planet China Guidebook and winning the hosting rights for the 28th annual IALC Workshop, 2011 that was ultimately attended by just under 300 language professionals from around the globe showcasing our school to great praise and admiration, in the process become the largest language abroad industry event ever held in China.
No matter where you are, we can help you in your quest to master Chinese.
Mandarin House actively works with hundreds of partner organisations across the world; including universities, schools and agencies (both government and private) to deliver our award-winning language programs to students from around the globe.
10 Reasons Why Choose Mandarin House
1. Internationally Accredited by IALC – the ONLY school in China to have our quality recognized in this way.
2. Established in 2004 and one of the first private Mandarin Schools in China, we have helped over 50,000 foreign students from 100+ nationalities to speak Mandarin.
3. Recognized by Hanban as an Official HSK Chinese Proficiency Test Centre.
4. Qualified and experienced teachers. All are degree qualified, bilingual, comprehensively trained and have an average of 5,000 Chinese teaching hours experience.
5. Self-developed teaching curriculum. Regularly updated and revised, designed by our former best teachers and is in line with both HSK & European CEFR.
6. A wide range of programs for 11 levels of Chinese, small group classes, private tutoring, business specialized Chinese, HSK exam preparation, Chinese teacher training, internship and junior summer programs.
7. Great Student Life. Facebook, alumni networks and fun, cultural activities organised every week such as Chinese cooking, calligraphy, city tours, kung fu and much, much more.
8. A range of quality accommodation options – homestay, private studio apartments and shared apartments.
9. Central, modern locations right in the heart of central Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Hong Kong & New York City with spacious, clean and dedicated facilities.
10. Friendly, professional service staff welcoming and helping you to settle in China. They also give you a chance to improve your Chinese outside the classroom!
Programs taught in: